A mentor plays a very important role in the development of lesser experienced skydivers. To determine whether you are suitable for mentoring, please complete this checklist with complete honesty. Note that if you don’t meet all the criteria now, you might do so in the future or with some training that we can offer.
To help us find you a mentee that is a suitable match for you, please tell us a bit about yourself:
I have all the qualities required of a mentor (please tick as many as you feel appropriate):
I have experience in different aspects of the sport (only tick those that apply to you):
Thank you for your honesty! Please note that your personal information will remain confidential with the APF and the mentors in the WIAS program.
By submitting this form to the APF, you agree:
- That appointment in the mentor program is at the discretion of the APF
- To provide a profile and a photo for the WIAS program mentoring website
- To accept a relationship with the mentee(s) that has/have been selected for you, for at least a 6 month period (with option to renew for a further 6 months)
- To wholeheartedly participate in the WIAS mentoring program or let us know as soon as possible if you are not able to continue
- To always put the mentee’s interests first and not exploit the relationship for other purposes
- To provide feedback to the APF when requested (quarterly and on completion)