8-way Formation Skydiving Team Evacu8
Evacu8 was formed in 2018 as a project by 8way champions Russell Blackman and Troy Crotty to introduce a group of keen young intermediate fliers to the joys of 8-way.
Two and a half years later after many hours of tunnel, back-to-back jumping at training camps, a lot of hard work (and crazy fun times!) the team qualified to represent Australia in 8-way Open at the World Meet in Russia (woohoo!).
Much of our initial training has been in iFLY Downunder’s 16 foot tunnel - it’s a fantastic tool for repetition and it helps us to see all the pictures and many variations that 8-way throws at us. But we always knew that to progress to the next level, we’d have to invest more time in outdoor training - to improve our flying on the hill and to practise the different feel of randoms and blocks with rigs on, and without the tunnel walls. That’s our focus over the next year.
Evacu8 team members at Nationals 2020:
- Kate Vaughan
- Kris Sieczkowski
- Andrew Barker
- Daniel Gray
- Leon Black
- Mariska Folley
- Troy Crotty
- Josh Leussink
- Jim Smith (camera)
- Number of team members over the past 2 years: 14
- Total 8way points built over the past 2 years: 7,316
- Total brainmals over the past 2 years: 547
- Number of jumps planned over the next year: 180
- Current Challenge: Covid-19 constraints (boo!)
- Team Goal: 13 point average
- Big Hairy Audacious Goal: Break the Australian 8way record!
Huge thanks for support provided by: APF, iFLY Downunder, Sydney Skydivers