tandem skydiving - the thrill of a lifetime!
You can tandem skydive in Australia over spectacular beaches, outback panoramas, tropical rainforest and everything in between!
It's the ultimate, must-do experience for anyone with a sense of adventure.
Every skydiving centre (or Drop Zone) in Australia that offers Tandem Skydiving is listed below.
Tandem skydive at a Drop Zone near you!
Click on the links below to book your tandem skydive DIRECT with any drop zone in Australia!
New South Wales
Queensland - South
Queensland - North
Tandem skydiving is an introduction to the sport of skydiving. The Tandem Student wears a harness that connects to the Tandem Instructor who wears the parachute.
Together the tandem pair jump out of a plane usually between 10,000 to 15,000 feet above the ground.
They freefall for up to one minute and then the Tandem Instructor opens the parachute and steers it back to the ground.
What to expect on a tandem jump:
- After a short briefing you will be fitted into a harness.
- The plane ride will take between 10 to 30 minutes.
- Your instructor will connect you to the front of their parachute system before exiting the aircraft.
- Freefall can last up to one minute - the higher you go the longer the freefall!
- You can reach speeds over 200km/h towards the ground in freefall!
- Your Tandem Instructor opens the parachute and steers it to the landing area.
- Minimum age requirement is 12 years old (with parent or guardian consent).
- There is no age limit - you're never too old to jump from a plane!
- Weight restrictions apply - consult your Drop Zone.
- Tandem skydiving is available in all mainland states of Australia.
- Tandem Instructors are all qualified and have a minimum of 500 jumps.
Wherever you choose to skydive in Australia, we look forward to welcoming you to our community!