Lisa Perdichizzi Scholarship
As part of its commitment to a diverse and inclusive culture, the APF is offering an annual scholarship to encourage women in skydiving through upskilling, training and leadership development.
The Lisa Perdichizzi Scholarship has been created through Lisa’s Family and an APF grant to support female skydivers in:
- Elite sports development, or
- Career pathways, or
- Other identifiable leadership roles
One scholarship, valued at $2,500 is available to any individual APF member (male or female, any experience level) to undertake training/coaching/education/personal development as part of their plan to improve female retention and growth in our sport.
Note: This education would need to be a formally recognised training course or a clearly defined program of coaching in excess of what the candidate is currently doing. This scholarship is not intended to simply offset training costs for a current female competitor. There must be a clear and new benefit to the APF.
Criteria and process
Applications must be made via the APF online process.
- Define the category of their application – Elite Sports Development or Career pathway
- Outline what training/coaching/education/personal development will be paid for through the scholarship.
- Outline how this training/coaching/education/personal development fits into a plan to retain and grow female membership.
- Commit to providing receipts and progress reports as reasonably required by the APF
Candidates must demonstrate the following personal qualities and skills
- Desire to boost female retention and growth in skydiving
- Willingness to engage in speaking appointments if required
- Strong, positive social media presence to promote APF objectives
- Desire to mentor and support newer female members and contribute to WIAS Mentor program
Applications will be judged on likely medium to long term benefits to the candidate and the sport of skydiving.
2017 Applications open on January 31st and close at 5pm AEST on March 30th, 2017.
The recipients will be decided by the APF and awarded by the end of April.
Please note: Many programs or ideas to boost female retention and growth initiatives are also eligible for support through the APF Fiona McEachern Sport Development Fund.
Submit your application
Mandatory field(s) marked with *