DOWNLOAD STRATEGIC PLAN PDF
1. OUR VISION
Our Vision is to be: A world-leading inclusive community of engaged skydivers who share their passion for the sport through development, coaching, mentorship and mateship.
2. OUR MISSION
Our Mission is to: set professional standards, serve our membership and provide safe enjoyable skydiving for all.
3. OUR VALUES
Our organisation's values are grounded in the following concepts:
- Environmental sustainability
4. OUR DISTINCTIVENESS
Our organisation’s distinctive features are:
- Pursuit of excellence and world’s-best practice safety procedures;
- Adherence to establishing qualifications that are positively recognised in adventure sports administration / coaching;
- Constant and open-minded attitude to safety optimisation & risk mitigation;
- Inclusive approach to participate in whatever discipline, role, interest one chooses.
5. OUR PLAN'S STRATEGIC INTENT
To set, communicate, monitor, measure and review the standards that optimise the delivery of skydiving in Australia.
6. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES & GOALS
The four priority areas and their goals have been identified as critical to the success of the Australian Parachute Federation over the next 3-4 years are:
|1. Training, Safety & Risk Management
||To achieve the highest possible safety and training standards.
|2. Sport & Member Development
||To optimise participation while having fun and learning new skills.
|3. Community & Culture
||To create a better relationship and atmosphere among skydivers and other stakeholders.
|4. Commercial Services
||To protect the right and opportunity to skydive in Australia.
By 2024 – Quantitative Highlights
- 100% fatality-free - year on year
- 40% reduction of serious injuries
- 20% reduction of claims
- 40% of members fully actively upskilling
- 100% of the standard syllabus delivered
- 75% increases in Dropzone sites participating
- 75% increases in consistency of course training delivered
- Reduction in attrition figures
- 10% increases in participation
- Maintain average duration of time in sport %
- Implement a certified member satisfaction survey e.g. NPS figures*
- Determine ‘members for life’
- Determine new member churn
- Determine new member growth
- Increases in retention over time
- Increases in competency
- 10% increases in competition participants
By 2024 – Qualitative Highlights
- Better risk mitigation due to the embedding of APF procedures and policies resulting in zero fatalities;
- Empowered intrinsically motivated front-line jump staff (e.g. CIs, DZ’s Operators, Coaches) who are motivated by more than just regulations;
- Streamlined regulations and stronger adherence to safety procedures in general;
- Better safety due to the greater emphasis on instructor training;
- Better resources for professional development of coaches and instructors;
- Strong encouragement and support for the next generation of coaches and instructors
- Reduction in the tandem injury rate and claims due to the focus on tandem instruction
- Complete understanding of our members
- Strong and targeted marketing campaigns
- More members transitioning into different i.e. multiple connections to the sport e.g. moving from jumpers to coaches to judges etc. as their motivations change.